San Francisco Bay Area Jewish Genealogical Society
The San Francisco Bay Area Jewish Genealogical Society is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the development, preservation, and distribution of Jewish genealogical knowledge and material, and the sharing of techniques and tools with others researching their Jewish roots.
- To encourage Jewish genealogical and family historical research
- To promote and assist in the development and preservation of, and access to, Jewish genealogical records and resource material
- To instruct its members and the general public in genealogical research techniques and inform them as to the availability of research materials
- To foster the careful documentation of family histories
- To encourage and assist in the study of Jewish history, geography, and culture