Swanton Pacific Railroad Society

1476486409_untitled-1

The Swanton Pacific Railroad is a volunteer-run railroad that restores, maintains, and runs the steam locomotives from the 1915 San Francisco Panama-Pacific International Exposition (PPIE). One of these locomotives is on display in the lobby of the California State Railroad Museum. The railroad and the 3200-acre Swanton Pacific Ranch in Davenport (65 miles south of San Francisco) were donated to California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, in 1993, by Al Smith, second president of Orchard Supply Hardware.

http://sprr.calpoly.edu/

1476486409_swanton-logo-500px