Conservatory of Flowers

The Conservatory of Flowers is a national, state, and local landmark, officially “Landmark Number 841” in the State of California. Built in 1879, the Conservatory of Flowers was the first formal structure erected in Golden Gate Park and remains an icon at the entrance of world-renowned Golden Gate Park. The Conservatory is filled to the brim with flowers, foliage, and plants from around the world, with a concentration on tropical plants. Its mission is to connect people and plants in a place of exceptional beauty.